Innovative projects that promote early cancer diagnosis and better care can benefit from more than £1.7m worth of funding from West Yorkshire and Harrogate Cancer Alliance.
Building on the success of last year, the Cancer Alliance has announced the launch of its innovation competition 2023/24 in collaboration with the Health Innovation Yorkshire & Humber.
The financial awards scheme promotes innovation in cancer and services to improve early diagnosis and patient experience, in line with the NHS Long Term Plan.
And this year it has widened its scope to include voluntary, community and social enterprise organisations, as well as making patient education bursaries available.
The four streams are:
- Acute Trusts
- Place based innovation
- Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprise (VCSE)
- Patient education bursary
The competition opened on 31st August, with a six-week period for development of proposals and completion of applications, with a closing date of 13th October for all schemes. The assessment process will take place in late October with awards being made in early November.
You can access the documents you need to support an application to the competition by clicking on the links below.
Please read the following documents and complete as appropriate:
- A detailed briefing on the innnovation competition 2023/2024, including the funding available and the timeline for applications.
- Bursary application form - VCSE/patient education bursary only.
- Bursary application form - acute Trust/place application only.
For more information, contact Mark Dean, Innovations Project Manager, mark.