Skin Cancer Optimal Pathway Group
The group provides strategic oversight to improve skin cancer outcomes and patient experience across West Yorkshire and Harrogate. By taking a whole pathway and system wide approach the group implement and support:
- Urgent responses to pressures that have recently occurred due to Covid-19.
- National cancer priorities outlined in the in the NHS 5 Year Forward View and NHS Long Term Plan (screening, early diagnosis, delivery of Rapid Diagnostic Centres and personalised care interventions.
- The development and updating of local clinical guidelines.
The group is newly established and plans to meet twice a year, as well as hosting an educational event where shared learning and best practice is presented to a wider networked audience.
Current priority target areas for the group are:
- To promote the use of the locally developed local guidelines resource as a live document.
- Support for the implementation of the Teledermatology pathway.
- Support the creation, development & sharing of an online patient information resource for skin cancer patients.
- To review, vet and triage approaches, sharing best practice.
If you require further information, please contact the Optimal Pathways team by emailing email@example.com.
For the calendar of meetings and events, please click here.