This page is designed to support healthcare staff with support, information and learning resources that may be helpful during the COVID-19 outbreak. All information and guidance should be read in the context of local policies and procedures.
- See below for regular updates on the NHS Health Education England Twitter feed.
In response to coronavirus Daniel, Joe and Danielle found themselves in new roles, new environments with new respon… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
Supporting Staff Health And Wellbeing
NHS Staff Feedback Hub
- NHS England and NHS Improvement has launched an online feedback hub so thatits leaders can listen and respond to the needs and experiences of the NHSworkforce at this unprecedented time.The hub is private and anonymous. It asks participating NHS staff to share how theyare feeling, what more can be done to support them, and how the NHS can adjust itscommunications as part of the COVID-19 response.It is being run without charge by Ipsos MORI, the independent research organisation,and is open to anyone working in the NHS. Click here to register on the feedback hub
NHS Staff Offers And Discounts
- NHS workers have been inundated with kind offers of support from a wide range of companies – from discounted taxi rides, to dedicated supermarket shopping times, to free food and discounted products. NHS England/NHS Improvement is working to verify these offers and bring them into a single place, so that NHS staff can take advantage of them. This list includes all of the offers that we have been able to confirm so far across supermarkets, food, transport and other miscellaneous items. The list includes details of how to access the offers. https://www.england.nhs.uk/coronavirus/nhs-staff-o...
NHS Every Mind Matters
- Public Health England's Every Mind Matters website has expert tips on looking after mental wellbeing and supporting family and loved ones to cope. A range of new resources includes for specific mental health conditions, including anxiety, stress, low mood and trouble sleeping.The website signposts to activities such as mindful breathing exercises, help reframing unhelpful thoughts and muscle relaxation.
- Click here to learn more about the free confidental NHS staff text and telephone support services and how to access a range of apps supporting health and wellbeing
NHS Live Well Website
- Click here for advice, tips and tools to support your decisions around personal health and wellbeing
Muslim Council of Britain
- How to adapt Ramadan 2020 to the current COVID-19 situation - access here
Society of Radiographers
Inter Agency Standing Committee (IASC) Reference Group For Mental Health And Psychosocial Support In Emergency Settings
- Here is a briefing note which summarises key mental health and psychosocial support considerations in relation to the 2019 coronavirus outbreak. Last updated February 2020.
Royal Brompton and Harefield NHS Foundation Trust
- Click here to access posters outlining healthcare resilience and stategies to optimise staff health and wellbeing during the coronavirus outbreak.
Intensive Care Society
- Advice for sustaining staff wellbeing in critical care during and beyond the COVID-19 outbreak. Access here
Face Covid E-book by Dr Russ Harris
- A set of practical steps for responding effectively to the corona crisis, using the principles of Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (Act). Click here to access
Supporting Staff To Deliver Care And Support - Helpful Resources
Supporting Compassionate Visiting
- A clinical guide for supporting compassionate visiting arrangements was published on 13th May 2020. Click here to access
- Please direct any queries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Gov.uk - Coronavirus Leaflet - Languages
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) - leaflet with information on what everyone must do to help stop the spread of coronavirus. Spotting the symptoms, advice for vulnerable groups, and information about government support for businesses and workers.Easy read versions, and translations into Bengali, Gujerati, Polish, Punjabi, Romani, Romanian, Russian, Somali, Urdu, Welsh. Access here
Gateway C - Support For Primary Care
- Gateway C is a free online cancer education platform developed for GPs, practice nurses and other primary care professionals. Click here to access a range of COVID-19 resources on the Gateway C website
London End of Life Care Clinical Network (NHS England/NHS Improvement)
- Brings together existing resources and guidance to help inform primary care clinicians during COVID-19. Topics include compassionate conversations; communications skills; identification; care co-ordination; decision-making around admission; palliative care in the community; personal protective equipment; care home considerations, care after death and self care for staff. Read more here
Brighton and Sussex Medical School/Sussex Health Outcomes Research And Education In Cancer (SHORE-C)
- Guidance for conversations between healthcare professionals and patients/families about not starting/discontinuing active cancer treatment during the coronavirus crisis. Click here.
Health Education England, in partnership with eIntegrity
- Free coronavirus e-learning programme for healthcare professionals. Brings together quality-assured content from Health Education England e-Learning for Healthcare, NHS England and NHS Improvement, and the World Health Organization (WHO). Suitable for doctors, nurses, consultants, healthcare assistants, midwives and other allied healthcare professionals, including those who are returning to the workforce to help during the current crisis. Click here to access the content online – refresh and extend your knowledge on critical themes.
NHS England/NHS Improvement
- Managing coronavirus in general practice - click here to access Standard Operating Procedure
Macmillan Cancer Support
- Coronavirus and cancer information, resources and e-learning for Macmillan professionals and the wider cancer workforce available here
Wakefield and District Connecting Care - Workforce Transformation Website Hub
- Resources and information to assist organisations and individual staff members to adapt to the impacts of coronavirus, including staff training and development, guidance for providers and links to key Government documents. Click here to access
- Free digital book about the coronavirus, with pictures by The Gruffalo illustrator, Axle Scheffler. More information here
British Psychological Society
- School closures - support and advice for schools/parents/carers. More information here
World Health Organisation
- Supporting children to deal with stress. Click here to access
Supporting The Most Vulnerable
NHS Volunteer Responders
- Health and social care professionals in England are being encouraged to refer individuals who are highly vulnerable to coronavirus for support through the NHS Volunteer Responders volunteering scheme. Hundreds of thousands of volunteers can help with tasks such as collecting shopping and prescribed medicines or driving patients to medical appointments.Referrals are via NHS Volunteer Responders referrers’ portal or by calling 0808 1963382