West Yorkshire and Harrogate Health and Care Partnership will receive £12million of NHS funding to implement a single, shared Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) for the area.
The funding, announced today (August 5), will be used to enable a single, system wide approach for pathology across West Yorkshire and Harrogate acute hospitals:
• Airedale District Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
• Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
• Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust
• Harrogate and District NHS Foundation Trust
• Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust
• Mid Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust
Once in place the system will mean test requests can be ordered, tracked and results reported electronically to clinical services across West Yorkshire and Harrogate. All will have equal access to patient information, regardless of where the hospital is based.
Click here to read the full story on the WYH Health and Care Partnership website..